What is Required of Students?
Students should learn to behave in ways that show respect for the safety and well-being of both themselves and others; they need to “actively participate” to benefit from instruction.
Section 12 of the Alberta School Act, Statutes of Alberta, 2000, Chapter S-3.1 as amended states that, “A student shall conduct himself so as to reasonably comply with the following code of conduct:
- be diligent in pursuing his studies
- attend school regularly and punctually
- cooperate fully with everyone authorized by the board to provide education programs and other services
- comply with the rules of the school
- account to his teachers for his conduct
- respect the rights of others
The use of alcohol and the non-medical use of drugs must be viewed as safety hazards and are forbidden at all times. This prohibition extends to all school activities whether they take place inside the school or off school property. Bullying or harassment of any type must not be tolerated.